Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Beginning.

Welcome. It is with eagerness, anticipation, and a box full of non-returnable business cards that I type my first blog post ever. This thing called Whimsy Sticks has taken off in ways that I never could have imagined just one month ago, and I am finding myself scrambling to keep up! I am hoping to use this blog as a way to share creative ideas, pictures, new products, and updates. But first...an introduction.

I am Allie. I am a third year [pastor's] wife and a second year first-grade teacher. I am a runner [sometimes]. I am a perfectionist [all the time]. I am a clean-eating, gluten-free, recovering vegetarian who firmly believes that everything is better with sprinkles. I am passionate about local food and feeding and nourishing the world. I am a creator and the only place where I am fearless is in the kitchen.

Whimsy Sticks was an accident, but not a mistake. Though I have been dipping things [my fingers included] into chocolate my entire life, my first foray into the world of cake pops was just one month ago. It began as an experiment for a co-worker's baby shower and it has turned into an opportunity to infuse the ordinary with a touch of whimsy [while simultaneously crusting my new home's carpet with sanding sugar]. While the name Whimsy Sticks refers largely to the free-spirited idea of a smashed and decorated cupcake on a stick, I'm definitely not stopping there. I will be selling and blogging about a variety of custom cake pops and gluten-free goodies containing whole food, real ingredients...and obviously sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment